The informations below are addressed to the people whose registration for the Conference international Tunisia 2020 has been confirmed :
Tunisia 2020, 29 et 30 novembre 2016
Palais des Congrès Convention Centre
Avenue Mohamed V – Tunis
Please note: For security reasons, entrance to the Palais des Congrès convention centre is strictly reserved for delegates in possession of their badge. No luggage will be allowed beyond the security check.
To collect your badge, you must have the registration confirmation sent to you by email along with your identity document.
WHERE TO COLLECT YOUR BADGE
- Tunis International Airport
- From 27 to 30 November at the Tunisia 2020 Counter in Arrivals before going through customs.
- At the Laico Hotel
- From 27 to 30 November from 9.00am to 8.00pm
- Access from Avenue Cyrus Legrand (street parking available)
Parking: In order to use the dedicated conference parking lot, please ask for a decal when you collect your badge. You will need your vehicle registration document. The decal must be prominently displayed on the windscreen of your vehicle before going through the security check.
GETTING TO THE PALAIS DES CONGRES CONVENTION CENTRE
Palais des Congrès opening hours:
- Tuesday 29 November
- 8.30am – 1pm: Pledging Conference on Presidential invitation only
- 1pm – 7pm
- Wednesday 30 November
- 8am – 7pm
- From Avenue du Ghana
- From Laico Hotel (from Avenue Cyrus Legrand)
- By car:
- With your parking decal – secure parking behind the convention centre. There is a shuttle between the parking lot and the convention centre all day.
- Chauffered cars: those with the grey decal can drop off and pick up passengers with badges in front of the Palais des Congrès on Avenue du Ghana. No parking on the avenue. Security check at entrance point.
- Shuttle service in the morning and at the end of the day between the conference hotels and the Palais des Congrès. Passenger drop-off and pick-up points in front of the Palais des Congrès indicated by a special sign.
Please note: taxis are not authorised to enter the Palais des Congrès
If you have not yet booked your hotel, you can take advantage of rooms at preferential rates at the following hotels (subject to availability):
- The Residence Tunis, Gammarth 5* (subject to availability)
- Golden Tulip 5* (subject to availability)
- Dar El Marsa Hotel 5* (subject to availability)
- Regency Tunis Hotel 5* (subject to availability)
- Concorde Les Berges du Lac 5* (subject to availability)
- Concorde Paris Hotel 4* (subject to availability)
- Sheraton Hotel 5* (subject to availability)
- Novotel hotel 4* (subject to availability)
- Ibis hotel 5* (subject to availability)
The cost of the shuttle service between the airport and above-listed hotels is covered by the conference organisers
CONNEX ME MOBILE APP FOR TUNISIA 2020
- See the programme
- Access useful information
- See the delegate list
- Message and set up meetings with other delegates
Free Wifi courtesy of Ooredoo throughout the Palais des Congrès convention centre.
All plenary and thematic sessions will be simultaneously translated into French, English and Arabic.
Cash: The Dinar is non-convertible and it is therefore preferable to exchange your currency in Tunisia. You may do this at your hotel or at a bank.
Bank cards: Bank and credit cards are accepted at most hotels, restaurants and tourist stores. You can withdraw cash in most of the big towns, airports and tourist areas. Please note, your bank will charge a fee each time you use your card so it is preferable to pay in cash for small purchases.
Banks: Most banks accept Visa and Mastercard at their counters. Airport bank agencies stay open until the arrival of the last flight of the day.
If you want to use your mobile phone at a lower cost in Tunisia, you can buy a SIM card upon your arrival at one of three operators at the airport and replace your regular SIM card.
You can also buy prepaid rechargeable cards (5, 10 or 20 dinars) to make international calls or to call other mobile phones – a convenient way to stay in touch..
Tunisian mobile phone operators: :
TUNISIAN ENTRY PROCEDURES
Tunisian entry procedures for a stay not exceeding 3 months are flexible.
All delegates must hold a valid international passport (6 months) or a travel document allowing them to return to their country of origin after having obtained a transit or entry visa.
European citizens and those from other countries in Eastern Europe do not need an entry visa for Tunisia for a stay not exceeding 90 days. A valid passport is sufficient or an identity card no older than 10 years with a hotel reservation as part of a tour..
List of countries that do not need an entry visa to Tunisia:
Algeria, Andorra, Antigua, Argentina, Austria, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Denmark, Dominica, Fiji, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Greece, Guinea, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kiribati, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritius, Mauritania, Monaco, Morocco, Netherlands, Niger, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, St. Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Senegal, Serbia and Montenegro, Seychelles, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (for nationals holders of ordinary passports), United States of America and the Vatican.
Police : 197
• Emergency Ambulance Service: 190
• Civil Defence : 198
• Emergency service : (+216) 71 351 500
• SOS Doctors : (+216) 71 744 215
• SOS Ambulances : (+216) 71 725 555 ou (+216) 71 599 900
• Flight information (Tunis-Carthage Airport) :
- (+216) 71 115 800
No vaccinations are required prior to visiting Tunisia